Software Developer - Server Side
This opportunity would suit an adaptable, independent starter, with the ability to motivate themselves. You will need to be happy working in a company with a flat hierarchy, and happy to do what is required to reach your development goals.
You will get to solve some interesting problems so a proven ability to smoothly move from rapid prototype to structured, maintainable, and testable code would be an advantage.
Initially, this position will be remote working. High-specification remote working setup provided.
- Knowledge of Java + a functional programming language such as Scala, Haskel or Kotlin and its associated frameworks.
- Webservices/Microservices knowledge (i.e. REST, HTTP, JSON, etc.) using Scala and AWS.
- Good analytical skills. Ability to create a specification. Then suggest and balance out any conflicts. You will then need to select a good fit from maybe several competing technologies, for use in the tech stack. The resulting system should then be as close to satisfying the specification as possible, given any conflicts.
- Have the capability to verify the suitability of any specification, and then develop code and infrastructure based on that specification, and stack.
- Ability to develop a schedule in cooperation with other team members.
- Using Git in a team environment.
- Some Knowledge of QA, testing and testing tools such as ScalaTest.
- Practical debugging skills both locally and across services.
- Willingness to do a bit of other development-related work if required such as front end work, testing, setting up service infrastructure etc.
Nice to have
- Akka (actors, streams, Akka HTTP, etc.).
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration systems.
- Video Streaming.
- AWS services such as EC2, RDB & S3.
- Dev ops/ability to get running and maintaining services.
- Data Analysis skills.
- Any interest in the various technologies such as Spark, Cassandra, Kafka, Lagom, etc.
Based on an initial video interview we may ask you to complete realistic programming & design challenges in your own time to highlight your skills and problem-solving ability.
Its CEO Richard Leinfellner has been an executive in the Video Game business since 1984. Whilst this new venture is not a game as such it would be of interest to programmers who have an interest in making enjoyable mass-market software.
Please apply to email@example.com with your CV, a cover letter and if appropriate, your GitHub/Portfolio. Direct application only, no agencies.